CHILLED PEAR and LIME SOUP
- 1 cup (250 mL) white sugar
- 4 cups (1 L) water or pear nectar
- 4 pears peeled, cored and pureed
- Juice of 6 limes
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) grated lime zest
- 1 ¼ cups (310 mL) sour cream
- Place sugar and water in 8-cup (2 L) saucepan. Over low heat, stir until sugar dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pureed pears, lime juice and white wine. Simmer for futher 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Seat aside to cool. Stir in lime zest and sour cream. Transfer to soup tureen or bowl. Chill and serve.