Apple Strudel Recipe ingredient
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- ¼ lb (110 g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) raisins
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon or mixed spice
- 4 to 5 tbsp ( 60 to 75 ml) rum or grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup (125 ml) white sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) milk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) icing sugar
How to make Apple Strudel Recipe
- Brush 5 sheets of filo pastry with melted butter, placing one on top of the other. Set aside, covered with a damp tea towel. Repeat with remaining pastry sheets.
- Scatter breadcrumbs over second stack of pastry. Spread with combined apple, raisins, chopped walnuts and spices. Sprinkle with rum and sugar.
- Place the other stack of pastry over the fruit. Roll strudel up. Place on greased baking sheet. Brush top with milk.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 30 minutes. Place on serving plate and dust with icing sugar. Cut into slices. Serve Apple Strudel Recipe warm.