- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 16 oz (450 g) can pitted black cherries
- ¼ cup (60 ml) orange-flavored liqueur
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream, whipped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) almond flakes, toasted
how to crepe cake
To Prepare Crepes:
- Sift flour into a bowl. Blend in milk and eggs to from a smooth batter.
- Grease crepe pan with butter. Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) crepe mixture into hot pan. Turn pan to cover base thinly with mixture. Pour off excess. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn to cook other side.
- Continue until 15 to 20 crepes have been made. Layer crepes between paper towels. Allow to cool.
To Prepare cake Filling :
- Place cherries with their juice, liqueur, sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring. Allow to thicken. Cool.
- Spreading filling between each layer, forming crepes into dome shape.
- Coat outside of crepes with whipped cream. Pipe crown of rosetters on top of cake. Decorate sides of cake with toasted almonds. Refrigerate until serving. Serve sliced.
- To toast almonds, place in a dry frying pan. Toss over low heat until golden. Remove from pan. Cool.