- 1 small loaf french bread
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 16 slices goat’s cheese
- ½ inch (1 cm) thick
- 1 head red lettuce, washed
- 1 romaine lettuce, washed
- 2 Valencia oranges, segmented
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1/3 lb (150 g) snow peas, blanched
- ½ cup (125 ml) blueberries
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) walnut oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) white vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
how to cook Blueberry and Goat’s Cheese Salad
- Slice french bread into 16 slice ½ inch (1 cm)thick. Spread each slice with a little butter. Place a slice of cheese on each. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F(200°C) until golden. Allow to cool.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces. Arrange lettuce, citrus segments, snow peas and blueberries on serving plates. Garnish with toasted goat’s cheese croutons.
- Combine walnut oil, vinegar and mustard. Sprinkle over salad.