homemade blueberry muffins
- 3 cups (750 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 to 1 ½ cups (250 to 375 ml) blueberry in season
- icing sugar
how to make healthy blueberry muffins
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in sugars.
- Combine butter, eggs and milk. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended.
- Fold in blueberry very lightly. if large berries such as strawberries are used, cut into dice.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins until two thirds full. Bake blueberry muffins at 400°F(200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. sprinkle with icing sugar while hot. Serve hot with butter.
NOTE: Do not worry if all the flour is not mixed in – 16 strokes is usually enough. This helps to give characteristics texture of muffins.