Easy Citrus Ring Cooking baking recipes
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) allspice
- 1/3 lb (150 g) butter or margarine
- ½ cup (125 ml) White sugar
- 1 egg
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250 ml) ground almonds
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 cups (500 ml) icing sugar, sifted
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) candied orange and lemon peel
how to bake Citrus Ring cake
- Sift flour and spice together. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon rind.
- Fold in flour, ground almonds and breadcrumbs to make dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 30 pieces and roll each pieces until 4 inches (10 cm) long. Brush ends with egg yolk. join together to from ring. Place on greased baking pans. Bake at 400°F(200°C) for 10 to 15 minutes. Coll on a wire rack.