chicken curry ingredient
- 4 to 5 pieces crystallized ginger
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) curry powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) crushed coriander seeds
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 ml) shredded coconut
- 4 to 5 cups (1 to 1.25 L) chopped mixed
- fruit (melons, peaches, plums, grapes, bananas, apples, pears)
- 3 to 4 tbsp (45 to 60 ml) cream
how to make fruit chicken curry
- Cover ginger with hot water for a few minutes to remove sugar. Drain. Pat dry chop finely.
- Fry onions in butter until tender. Stir in curry powder, flour and coriander seeds and ginger. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Gradually blend in stock. Bring to a boil. Stir in lemon juice and seasonings. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in coconut, prepared fruits and cream. Serve curry hot or cold with rice.