homemade ice cream recipes
- 1 mango, peeled
- 1 papaya, peeled
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 4 eggs yolks
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) icing sugar
- ¾ cup (185 ml) whipping cream, whipped
how to make ice cream
- Puree mango and papaya together with lemon juice in food processor. Set aside.
- Combine egg yolks and icing sugar in the top of a double boiler. Whisk mixture until eggs are lemon-color and thick. Remove from heat. Whisk a further 2 minutes.
- Fold the fruit puree gently into the egg mixture. Blend in cream.
- Pour into decorative 4-cup (1 L) metal mold. Freeze for a minimum of 3 hours.
- To remove, dip the mold in warm water for 30 seconds. Turn out onto a serving platter or scoop out as ice cream balls.
NOTE: Canned mangoes can also be used in the recipe.