Mulligatawny soup ingredient
- 1 ½ lbs (675 g) chicken pieces
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 onions, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ tbsp (1 mL) allspice
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) cream
how to make Mulligatawny soup
- Place chicken pieces in a heavy saucepan. Add stock, onion, carrot and celery. Cover. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken pieces. Discard skin and bones. cut chicken meat into small pices.
- Strain stock. Chill for 4 hours then remove fat from surface.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Saute onions and apples together for 3 minutes. Stir in flour and curry powder. Cook 1 minute.
- Add stock, bay leaf and allspice. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chicken and cream. Continue cooking for 5 minutes until chicken is hot.