easy summer salad recipes
- ½ basket strawberries, hulled
- 1 peach, peeled and seeded
- 1 banana, peeled
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
- 8 oz (225 g) cream cheese
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground ginger
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) whipping cream, whipped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped hazelnuts
- shredded lettuce
summer salad dressing
- prepared vinaigrette dressing
- Dice fruit. sprinkle with sugar.
- Beat cream cheese with lemon juice and ginger.
- Fold in cream, fruit and nuts.
- Pour mixture into 4 individual molds. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Dip each mold into warm water. Turn salad onto a bed of shredded lettuce, if desired. Serve immediately with vinaigrette dressing.