easy vegetarian recipes with tofu
- 300 g ( 10 oz ) soft tofu , diced ( about 1 ¾ cups )
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoon finely, chopped garlic
- 1 red chili, seed removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hot broad been pasta
- 2 tablespoon pickled mustard, chopped
- 1 teaspoon wine
- 60 ml ( ¼ cup ) chicken or vegetable stock, ( made from fresh stock or stock cubes )
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 80 g ( ½ cup ) diced green capsicum
- 2 teaspoon cornflour Stirred in 2 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 spring onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
cooking with tofu
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, bleach the diced tofu for about 4 minutes , Rinse and the drain .
- heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic and chili for about 1 minutes . add the broad bean paste and stir-fry until aromatic, about 1 more minutes the stir in the pickled mustard.
- pour in the wine, then add the chicken or vegetable stock , soy sauce and peppers, then mix to com then simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour mixture and stir gently until the sauce thickens, Sprinkle with the sesame oil and serve hot, garnish with the chopped spring onions.
Preparation time: 20 Min’s
Cooking time: 20 Min’s