water chestnut recipes
- 250 g ( 2 cups ) coarsely grated water chestnut meat ( from about 400 g chestnut )
- 300 g ( 1 1/3 cups), sugar
- 750 ml (3 cups) water
- 1 tablespoon un flavored cooking oil
- 400 g ( 2 ½ cups ) water chestnut starch mixed in 500 ml ( 2 cups ) coconut milk, stirred and sieved until free of lumps
how to make pudding
- in a medium pan, cook the grated chestnut, sugar and water for 10 minutes. Stir in the oil , meanwhile, set a streamer or pan of water to the boil, and lightly grease a flat bottomed metal tray, place the water chestnut syrup over low heat and pour in the starch mix, stirring continuously. The mixture with thicken almost at once and become a lump. Stir thoroughly, turning of over often so the dough cook evenly take care to scrape the side and bottom, do not Burn.
- Cook the mixture , stirring continuously. the another 3 or 4 minutes, and it will turn from opaque white to comes away freely from the side of the pan , tip it into a light greased flat-bottom, fry using a plastic spatula, even out the top and set, in the steamer to cook for 40 minutes over medium heat, Cool thoroughly before cutting into oblong bars, fry in a lightly greased pan to obtain a pale golden crust on all sides, about 10 minutes, Serve.
Preparation time: 20 Min’s
Cooking time: 1 hours