- 1 2/3 lbs (750 g) Apricots
- ½ cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 ml) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) brandy
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flaked almonds
- extra sugar
how to make clafoutis
- Place Apricots in a large saucepan of boiling water. simmer 2 to 3 minutes until just tender. Strain. Plunge into cold water to cool.
- Halve Apricots. Remove stems and pits. Transfer to a lightly buttered ovenproof dish. Place flour and sugar in a bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add half the milk. Beat for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining milk and brandy.
- Pour mixture over the plums. Sprinkle apricot clafoutis recipe with flaked almonds. Bake at 350°F(180°C) for 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle with extra sugar. SERVE HOT WITH CREAM.
NOTE: Apricots may be substituted for plums if desired.