easy beef casserole recipes
- 2 lbs (1 kg) round topside steak
- 2 to 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
how to cook casserole
- Rub ground beef all over with a few slices of kiwi. Cut meat into 6 pieces. Allow to stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Brown steak pieces in hot oil. Remove meat. Saute onions and red pepper in same pan until tender.
- Stir in flour. Cook, stirring, until brown. Stir in stock, soy sauce, mustard and pepper.
- Return meat to pan with remaining kiwi slices. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 1 hour or until tender.