easy souffle recipes
- ¼ cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- ¼ cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cream
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- ¼ cup (60 ml) white sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) shredded coconut
how to make desserts
- Lightly grease 4 individual 1-cup (250 ml) souffle dishes. (If desired, fit dishes with paper collars first.) Dust with sugar.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour. Cook minute. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and cream. Beat until smooth. Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens. Place sauce in a bowl. Allow to cool.
- Mash bananas. Beat bananas, white sugar, and egg yolks into cooled mixture. combine well.
- Beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites through banana mixture. spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Sprinkle each with a little each with a little coconut.
- Bake at 375°F(190°C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve Banana souffle immediately with whipped cream.