easy broccoli recipes
3 large heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) wine vinegar
- ½ clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups (500 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 cups (500 ml) light sour cream
- 1/3 cup (85 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely grated lime peel
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) grated horseradish root
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
how to make salad
- Place florets in a steamer. Steamer over boiling water until just tender (approximately 3 minutes). If you have only a small steamer this can be done in batches.
- When cooked, plunge instantly into ice water, taking care not to break the florets. cool. cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
To Prepare Italian Dressing: Combine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil and parsley. Sprinkle over broccoli florets just before serving.
To Prepare Lime Mayonnaise: Whisk ingredients together in a bowl. This dressing can be prepared in advanced and stored in the refrigerator. Serve separately.