- Juice of 4 to 5 lime
- ½ cup (125 ml) coconut flesh, grated
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) rice, cooked
- ¾ cup (185 ml) clarified butter (see Note)
- ½ cup (125 ml) mustard seeds
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped cashews
- 6 green chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 curry leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped coriander leaves
1 cilantro lime, sliced
how to make lime rice
- Add lime juice,coconut, turmeric and salt to cooked rice. set aside.
- Heat clarified butter. Fry mustard seeds until they pop. Add cashews, chili peppers and curry leaves. Cook recipe for 3 minutes, stirring. Combine with rice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 15 minutes to heat through. Garnish with cilantro lime slices.
NOTE:TO clarify butter, melt it gently, skim off foam and discard sediment.