- 1 lb (450 g) fresh figs, washed and sliced
- 2 cooking apples (about ½ lb or 225 g), peeled, cored and sliced
- juice of 3 lemons
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 cups (500 ml) white sugar
how to make apple jam
- Place figs and apples in large heavy saucepan with lemon juice and lemon rind. Cover and cook gently over low heat.
- When fruit is very soft, add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Bring to a boil. Boil rapidly until setting point is reached or until temperature on candy thermometer is 210°F(105°C).
- Spoon Apple jam into hot cleans jars, cover with waxed paper discs and seal.