- ½ CUP (125 mL) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sugar
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) self-rising flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 mL) condensed milk
- juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded coconut
how to make Coconut Bars
- To Prepare Base : Cream butter and sugar together. Blend in remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Press into a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350°F(180°C) for 20 minutes. While cooking prepare topping.
- To Prepare Topping : Combined all ingredients for topping. Spread over base while hot. Allow to set. Cut into fingers
MAKES APPROXIMATELY 36 FINGERS