easy homemade water melon juice soups
- 4 ½ lbs (2 kg) watermelon flesh, seeded
- 2 cups (500 ml) sweet white wine
- ¼ cups (60 ml) honey
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) masala salt
- grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- grated nutmeg and dill sprigs to garnish
how to cook water melon soup
- Bring watermelon, wine, honey, salt masala, orange rind and juice and lemon rind to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Puree in blender or food processor. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in sour cream. Chill thoroughly before serving water melon soup.
- Serve garnished watermelon soup recipe with dill sprigs and a light sprinkling of grated nutmeg.