recipes using peaches
- 4 peaches
- ¼ cup(60 ml) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (60 ml) ground almonds
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) finely grated orange rind
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
how to make poached peach
- Plunge peaches into boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain. Cover with cold water. Peel, cut half and remove pits.
- Place peaches, cut side up, in an ovenproof dish. Combine coconut, almonds, egg yolk and orange rind. Spoon into peach cavities. Dot with butter.
- Pour in wine and add cinnamon stick. Bake, covered, at 350°F(180°C) for 20 minutes or until peaches are tender. Remove cinnamon stick. Serve warm.