- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) water
- grated rind and juice of 6 lemons
- 4 rose geranium leaves, lightly crumpled
- 1 egg white
- Rose geranium flowers and extra leaves for decoration
how make sherbet
- Place sugar in a medium-size saucepan with water and lemon rind. Stir over low heat. When sugar has dissolved, bring to a boil.
- Add crumpled leaves. Boil for 6 minutes. Let cool.
- Add lemon juice to cooled syrup. Pour mixture into cold freezer trays or a metal bowl. Place in freezer until mixture just begins till freeze.
- Remove and turn into a bowl. Discard geranium leaves. Beat with a whisk until smooth, but not melted.
- Beat egg white until stiff but not dry. Fold lightly through mixture. Return to tray. Cover. Freeze until firm.
- Spoon sherbet into chilled glasses. Serve decorated with a rose geranium flower and leaves.