- 1.25 liter vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 1.5 cm wide strips
- 250 g small button mushrooms, halved
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20 g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 375 g arborio rice
- ⅔ cup (170 ml) dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 45 g freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring the stock to the boil over high heat, reduce the heat and keep at a simmer. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Cook the chicken pieces over high heat for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Add the mushroom and cook for 1-2 minutes more, or until starting to brown. Stir in the nutmeg and garlic, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 30 seconds then remove from the pan.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and cook the onion over low heat for 5-6 minutes. Add the Arborio rice, stir to coat, then stir in the wine. Once the wine is absorbed, reduce the heat and add ½ cup (125 ml) at time, until all the stock has been used and the rice is creamy. This will take about 20-25 minutes. Stir in the mushroom and the chicken with the last of the chicken with the last of the chicken stock.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream, Parmesan and parsley. Season before serving.
Nutrition per serve:
Fat 29 g
Carbohydrate 79 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Cholesterol 92 mg; 3075 kJ (735 Cal)