This delicate mousse provides a pleasant contrast to an assortment of highly seasoned appetizers.
- 1 env. unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold milk
- 8 oz. Camembert cheese, forced through a fine sieve
- 2 tablespoons sieved pimiento
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg white, beaten to stiff, not dry, peaks
- ½ cup chilled heavy cream, whipped
- Soften gelatin in milk in a heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and mix in pimiento, parsley, and paprika. turn into bowl, cover, and refrigerate until cool.
- Fold egg white and cream into the cooled cheese mixture. Turn into a 2-cup fancy mold; chill several hours, or until firm.
- Unmold onto a large serving dish or tray. Surround with assorted crisp relishes such as celery curls, carrot and zucchini sticks, radish roses, green pepper strips, cucumber slices, green onions, and green and ripe olives. Serve with a tray of assorted crackers.
One 2-CUP MOLD