Fine champagne, a brandy produced in the vicinity of Cognac, France, enhances this well-flavored pate, a canape spread serve at the Queen Eliza beth Hotel in Montreal, Canada.
- ½ lb. chicken livers
- ¼ cup rendered chicken fat
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- Saute livers in hot chicken fat in a skillet until tender. Pour on brandy and “blaze” it.
- Remove livers to a chopping board and finely chop them. Mix with celery, egg, and onion.
- Add enough chicken fat to make a smooth paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
ABOUT 2 CUPS PATE