From the pumpernickel crumb pie shell to the luscious green grape, blue cheese gelatin filling, this attractive and unusual pie is truly an epicurean delight.
- 2 env. unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ lb. Danish blue cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Bake Pumpernickel Crumb Crust, below
- 1 lb. seedless green grapes
- Soften gelatin in cold water and dissolve over low heat.
- Mash the blue cheese well and stir in gelatin; mix until blended.
- Fold whipped cream gently into cheese mixture. Turn into prepared crust. Cover thickly with green grapes, placed upright. (or use red Tokay or black Ribble grapes in season; cut them in half and remove seeds). Chill until set.
One 9-INCH PIE
DANISH BLUE CHEESE BALLS: Follow recipe for Danish Blue Cheese Pie with Grapes, preparing one half recipe of filling only; refrigerate if necessary for ease in handling. Dry and crush 4 slices pumpernickel Crumb Crust. Form cheese mixture into 1-inch balls, roll in crumbs, and chill. Place a whole seedless grape on a wooden pick for each cheese ball.
ABOUT 4 DOZEN CHEESE BALLS