- 1 lb. fresh spinach (or one 10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach, cooked)
- 1 can ( 10½ oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can water
- 1 teaspoon chervil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash Tabasco
- Dairy sour cream
How to Cook soup
- Wash the spinach and cook in a kettle having a tight cover; add no water.
- When spinach is tender, finely chop it and put through a food mill or puree in an electric blender.
- Blend soup and water. Mix with spinach, chervil, garlic, and Tabasco. Chill thoroughly.
- Serve with sour cream on top, covering generously with freshly ground black pepper.
About 1 quarts soup